Search This Blog

1.11.2009

Your big day is almost HEAR!



It is exciting to watch Alexander hit all of the physical, mental and emotional milestones right on time.
As for verbal milestones..that is obvious, he is behind.
It has been a week of
little celebrations.
Alexander took his first step and then fell on his bum.
With a rotated inner ear, I have been told to watch for problems with his balance.
So far so good. Phew.
Alexander said, "bah, bah, bah" during his therapy session.
It is a very big deal.
You should be jumping up and down like I did.
It is the beginning of great things to come.

While I work on the computer,
Alexander likes to climb up on my chair and sit behind me.
After that I usually catch him waving
to his reflection in the skylight.
This video captures the little things we do
while everyone else is sleeping.


this will be a week of
big celebrations.
little buddy, i know you have been waiting
for exactly 1 year for this week.
your day.
this moment.
it is your turn to hear.
i love you.
i want you to HEAR that.

3 comments:

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. You probably did see Chuck at Hopkins. He was on mapping duty when I was put on bed rest this past fall :)

I can't wait to dive in and catch up on your family's journey. We live in Montgomery County and would love to chat with you. There is a great community of parents from our area with CI kiddos that you should get to know!

Send me your email!

MB said...

Congrats on the bah. Mari's 2 and we still don't have it. Sigh.

Can't wait to see the activation day video!!

PolyglotMom said...

How exciting that activation for you is on Friday! I hope that you're not too bothered by the video you saw on my blog. Lucas doesn't seem to mind it when I put the processor on his head in the morning. He seems to just stop and smile, so I think that's a good sign. I think it's different for everyone. From what I've been told, always start on volume 0, which helps the transition. I'm sure Alexander will transition well. They also start it really quiet at the beginning. I think it's just good to keep in mind that it's something very different than we, as hearing parents, have ever or will ever experience. I love you blog by the way! If you haven't already, you should submit it on www.deafvillage.com! I think it's great! Good luck on Friday, I look forward to reading about your day!